BGP General & Community information
General BGP Information
1. Data102 accepts up to a /24 on all announcements, and filters aggressively.
a. this excludes Real-Time Blackhole routes, which can be sent ONLY as a /32.
2. BGP updates can be slow, and it can take up to a minute for new routes to appear on things.
3. Looking glasses are your friend!
4. We filter out any announcements for private IP space (bogons).
5. We apply hard limits to the number of routes that a customer can send us, dependent upon observed history.
Communities Applied at Ingress
33302:1200 - customer routes
33302:450 - customer primary routes (single+dual-peer)
33302:400 - customer secondary routes (dual-peer only)
33302:200-250 - exchange routes
33302:150 - transit routes
Important Notes On Customer Communities
1. Data102 will accept exactly one community per prefix.
2. Communities match in the following order, and are NOT additive - first match will apply the policy and exit:
1. Real-time black hole (only accepts /32)
2. No-Export (up to /24)
3. Prepend 1 (up to /24)
4. Prepend 2 (up to /24)
5. Prepend 3 (up to /24)
6. Default customer-allow (up to a /24)
3. If your communities do not match the community-list specified, with a single entry, your communities will be stripped.
Available Customer-Specified Communities
33302:666 Real Time Blackhole (only accepts /32) 65000:0 no-export, do not send to transits, customers only 65000:XXXX Do not announce routes at all to AS XXXX 65001:0 Prepend 1x to all AS 65001:XXXX Prepend 1x to AS XXXX 65002:0 Prepend 2x to all AS 65002:XXXX Prepend 2x to AS XXXX 65003:0 Prepend 3x to all AS 65003:XXXX Prepend 3x to AS XXXX
Modifiable Transit AS List
In the table above, the XXXX represents the ASN to which you can modify your traffic profile. Current supported transit ASNs are:
174 - Cogent
209 - CenturyLink
3356 - Level3
Was this answer helpful?
Data102 operates both authoritative and recursing/resolving name servers. Authoritative Name...
What it doesData102 operates a platform for detecting and mitigating DDoS attacks on IP blocks...
Data102 is a proud speedtest.net partner. You can run your speedtest to Data102 in three...