General BGP Information
1. Data102 accepts up to a /24 on all announcements, and filters aggressively.
a. this excludes Real-Time Blackhole routes, which can be sent ONLY as a /32.
b. Customer's with multiple links and under a /24 - we will accept the smaller routes, but they will be aggregated to the Internet
2. We filter out any announcements for private IP space (bogons).
3. BGP updates can be slow, and it can take up to a minute for new routes to appear on things.
3. Looking glasses are your friend!
5. We apply hard limits to the number of routes that a customer can send us, dependent upon observed history.
BGP Settings Applied at Ingress
17185:1200 - customer routes
17185:150 - transit routes
17185:NNNN - upstream transit ASN
17185:2NNN - City Code
17185:2004 Denver Market (includes Colorado Springs)
17185:2005 Philadelphia Market
100 - Customer Routes (can be manipulated)
70 - Transit routes
71 - Exchange/private routes
72 - Preferred Transit routes
73 - Preferred Exchange/private routes
Available Customer-Specified Communities
|17185:666||Real Time Blackhole (only accepts /32)|
|17185:70||Reduce Customer's prefix' localpref from 100 to 70|
|17185:80||Reduce Customer's prefix' localpref from 100 to 80|
|17185:90||Reduce Customer's prefix' localpref from 100 to 90|
|65000:0||no-export, do not send to transits, customers only|
|65000:XXXX||Do not announce routes at all to AS XXXX|
|65001:0||Prepend 1x to all AS|
|65001:XXXX||Prepend 1x to AS XXXX|
|65002:0||Prepend 2x to all AS|
|65002:XXXX||Prepend 2x to AS XXXX|
|65003:0||Prepend 3x to all AS|
|65003:XXXX||Prepend 3x to AS XXXX|
Modifiable Transit AS List
In the table above, the XXXX represents the ASN to which you can modify your traffic profile. Current supported transit ASNs are:
174 - Cogent
3356 - Level3/CenturyLink
63034 - DECIX Internet Exchange (all peers)