Included below are the instructions to configure a smarthost on Exchange 2007 and 2010. Please note these instructions are provided "as-is" as Data102 does not directly support Microsoft Exchange. For further assistance consult the Microsoft TechNet Library.
1) Open the Exchange Management Console
2) In a single server environment, select Organization Configuration and Hub Transport. In a multi server environment, select Edge Transport.
3) Click on the Send Connectors tab.
4) Identify which connector is used for outbound e-mail. In most cases, there will only be one listed. If there are multiple connectors, you will need to determine the one used to route mail to external domains.
5) Open the Properties for that connector and select the Network tab.
6) Select the radio button next to "Route mail through the following smart hosts"
7) Remove any previous smarthost entries.
8) Click the Add button and enter your smart host address. Click OK.
9) Ensure that Smart Host authentication is set to "None." If it is not, click Changeto alter the settings.
10) Click OK to save your changes.
Smarthost addresses for all of our sites are included below.
United States: outbound.directmx.com
Please allow 20 to 30 minutes for the mail to find the new outbound route. If you have recently configured the smarthost or outbound servers page on the control console, a delay may occur before messages begin routing to the smarthost.
Should you have additional questions, please contact us or open a ticket for additional assistance.
- 3 Корисниците го најдоа ова како корисно
DNS Settings - MX & SPF records
DNS MX Records Configuring your DNS records is a critical step in putting your DirectMX service...
IP & Firewall Settings
Firewall Information DirectMX connects directly to your mail server for a variety of reasons....
Outbound Smarthost setup - Exchange 2003
Included below are the instructions to configure a smarthost on Exchange 2003. Please note these...
SPF, Whitelists and You
Are you getting an error that a whitelisted sender is ignored due to SPF fail, maybe like this?...
Allow SPF-rejected email through to a user
DirectMX will reject messages that come from a domain that has SPF configured, and the email does...