Each user has a set of credentials which will be needed to configure each phone.
For each phone that you are configuring, obtain the following:
- SIP Username or extension number (1234*123 format)
- SIP Password
- Domain - usually sip1.magnavoip.com
- You can find this information in the Extension details page
Step 2: Configure your X-Lite software settings.
When you first load the device you'll be informed there is no account information and provided a link to set up your account. On subsequent attempts to set up the software, you will need to locate the "Softphone Menu -> Account Settings" option.
Enter the following information from Step 1 above:
- Account name - anything you like
- User ID - Your extension number (e.g. 1234*123)
- Domain - your domain
- Password - your password
- Be sure that "Register with domain and receive calls" under "Domain Proxy" is checked.
Step 3. Confirm that your phone is registered.
- You should have a green checkbox marked "Available"
- In the web portal, under extensions you should see "registered"
You should now be able to place and receive calls.!
If you can successfully register but are having trouble with audio - either sending or receiving:
- Click the "Topology" tab, and set the first selector for "Firewall traversal method" to "None"